Zayin Arabian Stud celebrates 20 years of breeding Arabians for racing and endurance.
Update 30th July
• Zayin Zachilles (Kaolino x CS Comete) – Wins the 9th race of his career at Chelmsford in June when winning the 7 furlong 0-70 Come Arab Racing on 19th August handicap stakes. Given an excellent ride by Will Pettis and trained by Peter Hammersley.
Contact: Paul Simmons Mob: 07799307662 Email: email@example.com
Kallista completing 40 km GER at Hardsy Ride April (Photo Dorset Event Photos)
Zayin Zachilles with jockey Will Pettis, trainer PJH and me in the winners enclosure, Chelmsford June 2018 (Photo Debbie Burt Equine Creative Media)
• Zayin Angkor Centurion (Dahess x Barryh) – ran the race of his life at Windsor in May to come 2nd in the Group 3 ARO Cup over 1 mile. He was given a great ride by David Turner and trained by Peter Hammersley.
Zayin Zachilles winning the 0-70 Hcap over 7 furlongs at Chelmsford June 2018 (Photo Debbie Burt Equine Creative Media)
Zayin Angkor Centurion on his way to coming 2nd in the Group 3 ARO Cup May 2018 (Photo Debbie Burt Equine Creative Media)
Zayin Angkor Centurion in the winners enclosure (Photo Debbie Burt Equine Creative Media)
• Zayin Angkor Centurion (Dahess x Barryh) – gets the season off to a winning start in April when coming home strongly in the 0-85 1 mile handicap at Chelmsford in April. He was given a great ride by David Turner and trained by Peter Hammersley.
Zayin Angkor Centurion winning at Chelmsford (Photo Debbie Burt Equine Creative Media)
• Zayin Activist (4 g by Mared Al Sahra x Samauring Zayin) – Has performed well in his first two starts although very green. However, ran a race full of promise at Chelmsford in June when coming 4th on his handicap debut over 1 Mile. He will have a break now before coming back to Chelmsford and trying the 1 mile 2 furlong handicap, and we think the step up in trip will suit him.
Zayin Activist in the collecting ring
Zayin Activist at Chelsmford City 4th in the 0-40 1 Mile Hcap (Debbie Burt photo)
• Sakeena Sky Zayin (Karmah x Sweet Simplicity) – Is in great form this season, she came 3rd in the 80 km Fox Class at the Golden Horseshoe in May. She then followed this up with a superb effort to come 2nd in the 80 km CER Southern Championships at the Three Rivers Ride.
Sky and I doing 80 km GER PF at GHS 2018
Sakeena Sky Zayin and I coming 2nd in the 80 km Southern Champs (AGC Photos)
• Kallista (Sambist x GAS Pepelka) – Has only made it once this season when storming round the 40 km Hardys Ride with ease.
Kallista doing 40 km at Hardys Ride (Dorset Event Photography)
• Zayin Zachilles (Kaolino x CS Comete) – Scored a grade 2 at Kings Forest. He was joined by Zayin Indian Fuego (DA Adios x Barryh) and his new owner Sue Wileman who also successfully completed. Both horses have now upgraded to open.
Zayin Zachilles and Zayin Indian Feugo at Kings Forest ride
• Zayin Zodiac (Dahess x CS Comete) – Is progressing well in endurance with his new owner Rebecca Pinder who bought him out of training in August 2017. They came 24th in their first 80 km FEI 1 star ride in Spain.
Zayin Zodiac coming 24th in his first 80 km FEI 1 star ride in Spain with owner Rebecca Pinder
Only one foal this year and Samauring Zayin (The Wiking x Jumah) gave birth to a lovely big chestnut filly by Group 1 winning sire Assy (Amer) named Warcry Zayin.
Warcry Zayin (2018 filly by Assy (Amer) x Samauring Zayin (The Wiking)) (and below)
ON THE MOVE!
SOLD - Delighted to announce that Indy aka Zayin Indian Fuego (DA Adios x Barryh) has found a fantastic home in the UK with Sue Wileman who has loved and adored him (and spoilt him) for several years while he was in training with Peter Hammersley, Indy will be continuing his endurance career as well as enjoying other riding club activities. Indy has been a fantastic horse for Zayin doing everything that has been asked of him, winning on his seasonal debut at Wolverhampton over 1 mile, coming second beaten a nose the following month, overall he ran for two seasons winning once and being placed 6 times from 12 starts, he completed all 3 endurance rides in 2017 at Cannock (32 km), Kings Forest (40 km) and Royalties (40 km) getting grade 1's. Indy has been fine ambassador for Zayin showing the key qualities all my horses have, toughness, athleticism and consistency with a fantastic temperament and proven performance ability on the race track and in endurance. Not many race horses get to be owned by their best friend but Indy has struck gold with his new owner and I look forward to following their progress in years to come.
Zayin Indian Feugo after winning at Wolverhampton (Debbie Burt)
Zayin Indian Fuego (Debbie Burt)
REST IN PEACE
Amyzing Zayin (2006-2018) – Friday was the saddest and most difficult day of my twenty years running Zayin Stud when I had to say goodbye to my beloved homebred mare Amy, aged only 11. Nearly 4 years ago she was diagnosed with cancer, it was a fight she seemed to be winning, she endured two major operations under GA to remove cancerous tumours, given the all clear she returned to the racetrack and won, started her endurance career, and even as recently as July scored a Grade 3 at Quantocks over 40 km and upgraded to Open. Sadly at the end of December her condition started to deteriorate, the new treatment wasn’t working, the cancer in the last week spread rapidly and aggressively and the only kindness I could show my baby girl was to end her suffering. Amyzing was very well named, she was tough as teak on the racetrack winning twice at Hereford the first time by 8 lengths over 7f and the second time by 4 lengths over a mile beating subsequent champion Arab racehorse, she was placed 8 times from 7 f to 2 Miles, racing 20 times over 4 seasons. She completed all 3 endurances rides over 40 km at Golden Horseshoe, Bonham and Quantocks reaching open level. She was as tough off the racecourse as on it, a hugely entertaining ride, finding ferns, leaves and logs all equally terrifying, she had the sweetest temperament and retained her feisty fighting spirit right to the end. RIP my crazy Amy, no longer in pain and now free from this hideous disease, and to me she will always be my perfectly named Amyzing Amy.
Amyzing after winning at Hereford (Debbie Burt)
Amyzing winning at Hereford (Debbie Burt)
Amzying upgrading to open at Quantocks ride July 2018